St. Patrick’s Day is once again around the corner. Bringing with it thoughts of green beer, Guinness pie, and shamrocks to people around the world. Usually St. Patrick’s Day in Canada arrives alongside a turn in the weather, blown in by the hopeful breeze of spring. This year looks to bring a cold, wet St. Paddy’s Day, so why not stay in and enjoy some holiday-themed food and drink?
1. Healthy Baked Shamrock Chips
2. Guacamole Deviled Eggs
3. Pesto & Goat Cheese Crostini (Gluten Free!)
4. Minty Shamrock Shake
We suggest adding Crème de Menthe for the mint extract if you are looking for a more adult beverage!
5. Lime Sherbet Floats
6. Irish Whiskey Shamrock Shakes
7. Corned Beef Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Guinness Carmelized Onions
8. Chicken Pot Pie with a Shamrock Crust
9. Irish Beef Stew with Guinness Beer
10. Irish Pasties
11. Chocolate Mint Cream Cookie Sandwiches
12. Shamrock-Shaped Gum Drops
13. Leprechaun Hat S'mores
14. Drunken Grasshopper Fudge
And our personal favourite....
15. Guinness Chocolate Cake
A lot of these recipes call for green food colouring, which - as we all know - is not an ideal ingredient to feed your children, or yourselves. Instead of using artificial green dye, why not try using spinach instead? We promise, your food won't taste like spinach, and you can avoid making these delicious recipes into chemical soup!